The turnaround in energy policy is a very complex topic that requires a more flexible approach. Therefore, the Stadtwerke (Municipal Works) invited top-class speakers from politics and industry to the forum on March 27, 2012.
Dr. Klaus Weichel, Lord Mayor and patron of the Lauter Energy forum, welcomed the guests. Markus Vollmer, Managing Director of the Stadtwerke Kaiserslautern, explained the position of the Stadtwerke: „The Municipal Works play an important role in the restructuring of energy supply. This will confront us with major challenges. Moving away from a central to a decentralized supply requires a repositioning on the one hand, and consistent progress on the current path on the other hand. We consider ourselves partners on location. Short distances and high regional value creation are equally important to us. Therefore, we support communities from the start in establishing a decentralized energy supply, from the planning to the management phase".
The speakers examined the topic of "renewable energies" in its various facets.
- Ewald Woste, Chairman of the Board of Thüga AG München, identified the effects of the approved turnaround in energy policy.
- Prof. Karl Keilen, Ministry of Economy, Climate Protection, Energy, Regional Planning, RLP, explained the energy policy of the Federal State.
- Michael Lengersdorff, Juwi Holding AG from Wörrstadt, calculated that 100 % of renewable energy is no utopia.
- Peter Kiefer, Kaiserslautern City Councillor, explained the strategy of the city of Kaiserslautern.
- Rainer Grüner, Managing Director of WVE GmbH Kaiserslautern, reported from practical experience on the implementation of energy projects.
- Stefan Meiborg, Managing Director Kommunalberatung RLP GmbH, spoke about the legal options.
- A moderated panel discussion concluded the event.